Closing the Employment Standards Enforcement Gap: Improving Employment Standards Protections for People in Precarious Jobs is a collaborative research initiative of seven Ontario universities and 16 cross-sectoral partner organizations. Funded by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC), the five-year project seeks to inform effective employment standards enforcement in Ontario.
- Closing the Gap Policy Forum launches An Agenda for Change June 22, 2017 - The Closing the Gap team released its latest report – An Agenda for Change – at a Policy Forum on June 19, 2017. Partners and stakeholders gathered at the Sam Sorbara Auditorium at St. Michael’s […]
- Closing the Gap research team presents at the 2017 Congress of the Humanities & Social Sciences May 29, 2017 - The Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences runs from May 27-June 2, 2017 at Ryerson University in Toronto. Researchers from the Closing the Gap project will present six papers in sessions organized by the […]
- Closing the Gap student researcher is one of Top 5 Winners of SSHRC Storytellers Challenge May 29, 2017 - Ayesha Mian-Akram, a student researcher working with the Closing the Gap project, has won one of the Top Five awards in the SSHRC Storytellers competition. The competition was held at the 2017 Congress of the […]
- Closing the Gap Researcher, Eric Tucker, Participates in A Conference Session Assessing Options Set Out in the CWR Interim Report October 18, 2016 - Lancaster House hosted a special audio conference session on September 13, 2016 to discuss options set out in the Interim Report of the Changing Workplaces Review. Closing the Gap researcher, Eric Tucker, participated in this […]
- Ontario Ministry of Labour’s CWR Interim Report and Two Supporting Studies Prepared by the Closing the Gap Researchers August 12, 2016 - Ontario is now mid-way through a review of the changing nature of the workplace and its impact on labour relations and employment standards legislation. On July 27, 2016, Special Advisors released an Interim Report outlining […]