Closing the Employment Standards Enforcement Gap: Improving Employment Standards Protections for People in Precarious Jobs is a collaborative research initiative of seven Ontario universities and 16 cross-sectoral partner organizations. Funded by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC), the five-year project seeks to inform effective employment standards enforcement in Ontario.
- Research team publishes new book on employment standards enforcement March 30, 2020 - The Closing the Gap Research Team is pleased to announce the publication of their new book, Closing the Enforcement Gap: Improving Protections for People in Precarious Jobs (University of Toronto Press, 2020). This book is […]
- New research on overtime exemptions published December 13, 2019 - Mark Thomas, Leah Vosko, Eric Tucker, Mercedes Steedman, Andrea M. Noack, John Grundy, Mary Gellatly, and Lisa Leinveer have published new research on overtime exemptions in Ontario in Labour/Le travail. In practice, employment standards legislation includes […]
- Emerson Iudiciani presents research on federal employment standards at York University Dean’s Award Celebration October 2, 2019 - Closing the Gap’s research team is extending their analysis of employment standards enforcement into the federal jurisdiction and Emerson Iudiciani had the exciting opportunity work with the early data. Iudiciani, a York University student in his […]
- Adam King, postdoctoral researcher, talks labour standards on podcast September 6, 2019 - Adam King, a posdoctoral researcher with Closing the Gap, was recently featured on the podcast “Oats for Breakfast,” talking about labour standards in the US and Canada. Check it out here.
- Leah F. Vosko awarded SSHRC Insight Award September 4, 2019 - Congratulations are in order for a member of the Closing the Enforcement Gap team! Dr. Leah F. Vosko, academic lead of Closing the Gap has been awarded this year’s SSHRC Impact Award. This is a […]