Closing the Employment Standards Enforcement Gap: Improving Employment Standards Protections for People in Precarious Jobs is a collaborative research initiative of seven Ontario universities and 16 cross-sectoral partner organizations. Funded by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC), the five-year project seeks to inform effective employment standards enforcement in Ontario.
- Emerson Iudiciani presents research on federal employment standards at York University Dean’s Award Celebration October 2, 2019 - Closing the Gap’s research team is extending their analysis of employment standards enforcement into the federal jurisdiction and Emerson Iudiciani had the exciting opportunity work with the early data. Iudiciani, a York University student in his […]
- Adam King, postdoctoral researcher, talks labour standards on podcast September 6, 2019 - Adam King, a posdoctoral researcher with Closing the Gap, was recently featured on the podcast “Oats for Breakfast,” talking about labour standards in the US and Canada. Check it out here.
- Leah F. Vosko awarded SSHRC Insight Award September 4, 2019 - Congratulations are in order for a member of the Closing the Enforcement Gap team! Dr. Leah F. Vosko, academic lead of Closing the Gap has been awarded this year’s SSHRC Impact Award. This is a […]
- Agricultural migrant workers & ES – new research published September 4, 2019 - Dr. Leah F. Vosko (co-lead, Closing the Gap, York University), Prof. Eric Tucker (co-investigator, Osgoode Law School), and Dr. Rebecca Casey (co-investigator, Acadia University) have published new research examining the enforcement of employment standards for […]
- Making complaints – new research published September 4, 2019 - Dr. Kiran Mirchandani (co-investigator, University of Toronto), Mary-Jean Hande (co-investigator, Mount Saint Vincent University), and Shelley Condratto (research assistant, Laurentian University) have published new research based on 36 interviews with Ontario workers who have filed […]